8th March 2017
Carrot Insurance becomes member of the IFB
Carrot Insurance, part of Trak Global Group, has become a member of the Insurance Fraud Bureau in a move that will see both parties sharing data with one another.
Carrot Insurance will now use IFB products to prevent application fraud and will provide the bureau with data to identify insurance crime.
By using the IFB’s application fraud products, Carrot will be able to gather intelligence to tackle fraud at the point of sale.
Carrot will provide the bureau with data which will feed into these products, offering up information on ghostbroking, and misrepresentation on insurance policies.
Tim Spreadbury, head of claims at Carrot Insurance, said: “Insurance fraud is a big concern for any broker and we’re delighted to have the opportunity to be able to share our telematics data with the IFB.
“This will be a strong partnership that will help us to approach the problem early in the quote process, saving time and money across the business.”
The IFB’s broking membership allows wide-scale sharing of information on fraud which will later be communicated to insurers, promoting a collective effort to fight fraud.
Ben Fletcher, director of the IFB, said: “It is important that we view fraud holistically which means that every organisation is able to play their own role in tackling insurance fraud.
“Detecting and disrupting fraud relies on access to good quality information and the IFB’s position at the heart of the issue, with unrivalled access to industry, law enforcement and other regulatory data, is further strengthened with Carrot’s contribution.”
- July 2019 (2)
- June 2019 (5)
- May 2019 (4)
- April 2019 (5)
- March 2019 (1)
- February 2019 (2)
- January 2019 (6)
- December 2018 (5)
- November 2018 (3)
- October 2018 (1)
- September 2018 (2)
- July 2018 (1)
- Trak Global Group has acquired Intelligent Mechatronic Systems Inc (IMS), North America’s leading insurance telematics business
- How autonomous, electric and shared mobility vehicles plus IoT connectivity are shaping tyre development
- The latest snapshot on young driver safety around the world
- Video: Andrew Brown-Allan speaks to Insurance Business Magazine
- How Big Data is shaping various sectors in 2019
- Newly introduced and forthcoming plug-in hybrids ideal for fleets