24th January 2019The latest ADAS of note and remarkable systems in the pipeline as showcased at CES 2019
Although misconceptions exist amongst general motorists over ‘advanced driver assistance systems’ (ADAS) indicating that a car is autonomous or ‘driverless’, as highlighted by a Euro NCAP, Global NCAP and Thatcham Research study1 late last year, such technologies have fast become part and parcel of decisions for many fleet managers. Examples of ADAS include2 adaptive cruise… Read more
30th January 2019Road safety snapshot with a global perspective
A core aim at the heart of Trak Global Group’s activities is playing a part in making roads safer, our portfolio including Carrot, our young driver insurance brand through which we’ve reduced accidents among the UK’s newly qualified drivers by 42%, and Appy Fleet, our at-work telematics app. With a reach encompassing fifteen countries, from… Read more
4th December 2018Mental health and driver safety in today’s technology-assisted world of fleet management
The recent report entitled ‘It’s good to talk: caring about mental health’ from Venson Automotive Solutions is extremely encouraging1, the wellbeing and safety of at-work and general drivers being at the heart of Trak Global Group’s telematics and other products and solutions. Statistics from all perspectives are unarguably humbling and motivating. Human resources personnel deal… Read more
- April 2019 (2)
- March 2019 (1)
- February 2019 (2)
- January 2019 (6)
- December 2018 (5)
- November 2018 (3)
- October 2018 (1)
- September 2018 (2)
- July 2018 (1)
- June 2018 (1)
- May 2018 (4)
- April 2018 (5)
- Trak Global Group has acquired Intelligent Mechatronic Systems Inc (IMS), North America’s leading insurance telematics business
- Emerging last-mile delivery and mobility solutions – the benefits and challenges
- Amidst the plug-in obsession, do niche alternative fuels like CNG have a future?
- The mandating of more in-car safety tech is good news – but will it really help make our roads accident-free any time soon?
- Impressive car technology in the pipeline from OEMs and others
- Will SUVs become less popular due to WLTP and other factors?